Story 7 - "Old Yeller"
1. romp (v.) - an energetic and noisy way to play
2. strained (v.) - stretched to the limit, either physically or mentally
3. shouldered (v.) - carried the weight
4. lunging (v.) - making a sudden forward movement
5. wheeled (v.) turned quickly
6. frantic (adj.) - wild with excitement or worry
7. picturing (v.) - creating a mental image of something
8. bounding (v.) - leaping
9. checking (v.) - limiting or controlling something
10. stride (n.) - the rhythm of your walking and length of your steps
Quizlet Vocabulary Practice
Subjects » Reading » Unit 2 » Old YellerOld Yeller
Direct and Indirect Objects - the word that receives the action of the verb, or the word that tells to or for whom or what the action is done. Compound direct objects are words that receive the action of the same verb.